Monday, March 29, 2010

Reclaim the Apron

For too long have such beautiful garments represented female oppression!

I made an apron this weekend.


Just so you know, I will not be wearing my apron to do any of the following (although, I will not hold it against you if you choose to do any of the following in your apron, as they actually are quite functional):

Dishes, sweeping and/or mopping, vacuuming, dusting, wiping anything down, scrubbing, spraying, sweating, feeding/playing with/burping/having a child, any role society expects me to perform simply because I am a woman.

If you consider it to be housework, I will probably not be doing it in my apron.


Just to clarify, I do not experience any of the following as housework (although, I will not hold it against you if you do experience any of the following as housework):

Sewing, cooking, decorating, weaving, nesting, organizing, rejecting any role society expects me to perform simply because I am a woman.

Aprons are just cute and fashionable, okay?

If when I wear my apron outside of my house you respond with a comment about where my gender should be, including, but not limited to, the kitchen and/or bedroom, I will probably intensely fantasize about your demise and kindly remind you that, historically, men wore aprons first.

Reclaim your apron!

<3

1 comment:

Sarah said...

AWESOMEEE.

And that apron is beyond beautiful. <3